Friday, September 14, 2012

Welcome to UMPI.


The first couples weeks of college are going by a little fast. It's already weekend #3 since I've been here. I was expecting more grueling assignments and having to stay up studying for endless hours and being expected to read about 200 pages a night. But then I remember, it's just UMPI..

My classes are pretty easy for what I was expecting. Besides the fact of actually having to think about how to answer a question instead of finding it and writing it down, college is simple.

Now I'm not saying that It's all been a breeze. God, no. Last week was probably the most stressful week I had in my life. I had to go to about four different offices to talk to them about how I'm absolutely broke, and I can't get any of my books. (yes, I have a job, but working 10 hours a week doesn't get you far.) After a few stress tears and a VERY helpful woman named Heather, I got an emergency loan to buy my books. 150$ would have gotten me one book... So it was a little pointless.

Not only stressing about that, I was just having a bad week in general. Nothing was going right, ever. It was just not a good experience. Poor Jay kept having to try to calm me down. Like that really worked.. (for those of you who are wondering, Jay's my new work buddy/best fwend.) He kept telling me not to stress.

Yea, okay! Telling me not to stress is like expecting Northern Maine not to have snow. It just doesn't happen.

Other than that I've been doing well. Been eating salad allll day every day. Been going swimming. Trying to get motivated so I don't go home at Christmas looking like Santa if I wear red. Oh! That's another thing I stressed out about, I've been gaining a little weight. Love handles, and a belly that looks like I'm four months pregnant. Awesome.

Whatever. Anyways, it's not that bad here. I've been grocery shopping by myself, been working, making some new friends. It's been good. I just stress for nothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to leave something (: