Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New kid on the block


Starting a blog seems as easy as 1, 2, 3, right? Well guess what, it's not. First of all, finding a half decent website to fit so called 'personal needs' was the easiest, then came the personalizing.. Taking the time to make an absolutely perfect page was irritating, (for me atleast, short-and-sweet is my middle name) but was worth it.

Anyways, my name is Tab, and I am a freshman in college. You could say I'm a little excited, (only 35 days to go!) and a lot nervous. Starting a whole new routine is going to be challenging, but I welcome it. I guess you could say that I'm not particularly anxious to pack up and somehow fit not only all of my things, but my brother's things aswell, into two vehicles. Thats when the third sibbling comes in with his new truck. P.S. I don't care if you're unwilling, you're coming!

Not only will the dorm room atmosphere be different, the classes will be odd, too. With the status-quo of high school being that your classes are every other day, it will take some adjustment to having certain classes on one specific day. (Hey, atleast I don't have classes on Friday!) Obviously, trying to find your way around campus is nerve racking, and can be a bit intimidating. But its not like you're going to be the only person there, right? Occasionally, I find myself freaking out at the thought that in about a month I'll be in a classroom slowly starting my descent into adulthood, and into the big bad world. And yes, that is intimidating.

College will be a struggle at first, but after a while I'll be completely at home. And now matter how nervous or psyched-out I get, I'll have to tell myself to calm down and take a breather every now and again and remind myself college really isn't that terrible. Man up woman!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to leave something (: