Saturday, November 23, 2013

What not to say to someone in an interracial relationship.


If you're like me, and have ever dated someone outside of their own race, I'm sure you've heard a few of these disrespectful questions like these at some point:


1. Is it true what they say about black guys in bed?
Did you really just ask me about my boyfriends personal regions right here in Wal Mart? Well, if you really want to know, there are plenty of places on the Internet that you can Google to find your answer, because his business is none of yours.

2. Why don't you like people of your own race?
Okay, so just because I have a preference for black guy means I automatically hate white guys? Do you hate black guys because you're dating a white guy? No? Thought so.

3. What do his family and friends think about you being white?
Last time I checked I was with him, not his family. Besides, who the heck cares?

4. This is just a phase.
Because wanting to be with someone who makes me happy is a phase. Yea, I'll grow out of that in no time.

5. Aren't you worried about what your kids will look like?
Kids that look like Mariah Carey? Oh, how awful!

6. Oh, so you think you're black now?
Just because I'm dating a black guy doesn't mean I want to be a black guy.

7. You're a cultural traitor.
Oh, I didn't realize this was the 50's and I could only associate with white people. Sorry other white people.

8. No white man will want you after you date a black man.
Well, if it bothers someone that much, why would I want to be with them in the first place?!

9. He only likes you because you're white.
Oh yes, he'll take my pasty white legs over my personality and wit any day.

10. You're diluting the culture.
Oh? You mean the culture that's based off of MANY different cultures combined together? Bad, Tab!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be afraid to leave something (: